“I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.”
— Robert Louis Stevenson, Travels with a Donkey in the Cevennes
In 2017 I started to my very first multiday cycle tour around the Baltic Sea and came back home with many memorable impressions and the strong desire to go for the next cycle touring adventure.
The planned route is only for orientation and will certainly change during the tour.
Tour length: about 96 day stages and 9,700 km
Planned for: April – August 2018
Stages (in travel direction):
- Germany: Oldenburg, Emden. 350 km
- Netherlands: Amsterdam, Middelburg. 500 km
- Belgium: Brugge. 100 km
- France: Calais, Le Havre, Bayeux, Saint-Malo, Nantes, La Rochelle, Arcachon. 2,750 km
- Spain: San Sebastián, Bilbao, Santiago de Compostela. 1,300 km
- Portugal: Porto, Lisboa. 1,000 km
- Spain: Sevilla, Cadíz, Gibraltar, Granada, Alicante, Valencia, Barcelona. 2,000 km
- France: Béziers, Nîmes, Lyon, Strasbourg. 1,000 km
- Germany: Mannheim, Frankfurt am Main, Marburg. 700 km
The countdown is on …
From March 30 onwards you can follow my adventure Here!